Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
You may get an email letting you know that your request has been canceled. These are the reasons for canceled requests:
- Adler has access to the full text.
- We do not request books. To request books, see the tabs about book requests, depending on your campus, on this guide.
- We are unable to verify your citation (incomplete or incorrect citation in the request form)
- We are unable to borrow a dissertation you have requested (We could not find a lending library that can lend us the dissertation/ thesis)
- No lending library (we could not find any lending library that owns the item)
- We could not fill the request before the deadline you have indicated.
- Duplicate Request (We have another request from you for the same item)
- We are unable to borrow a dissertation for Vancouver campus patrons
- We have exceeded our copyright limit for total requests for this year
- The article is not in English. (the language preference you have selected in ILLiad is English)
- It's a new item, not available for borrowing currently.
Resubmitting canceled requests
You may resubmit the request if the reason for the cancelation was:
- Need by Date Expired: Your request was canceled because we were unable to fill before your deadline and it expired in the system. If you still need it, you can resubmit the request with a new “Needed by Date”
- Incomplete Citation: Request can be resubmitted by editing the citation. Please check the source of citation and fill up the required fields and resubmit the request. If you need assistance with finding the complete citation, please contact us via email or phone.
To resubmit the canceled request for the reasons listed above, please follow the steps given below.
- Log into your Illiad account and find “View” category on the left sidebar.
- Now click on “All Requests”, it will open request history.
- Look for the canceled requests in the Status column. To open a canceled requests, click on the blue Transaction number.
- Click on Resubmit Request button. You can also resubmit the request by clicking on “Clone Request”. Both options will autofill the request form. But “Cloning Request” will resubmit your request with a new Transaction number.