When adding documents to a syllabi or to the LMS, please ensure that you complete the Copyright Compliance Training.
Below are screenshots of a search for the following citation:
Sperry, L. & Carlson, J. (2012). Continuing our global look at individual psychology. Journal of Individual Psychology, 68(4), 309.
1. Go to the Library Catalog on Library Homepage
2. Click "Journal Titles" in the top banner. Type the title of the journal (not of the article).
3. In this case, click "See all versions" to find the one with the correct year range. Not all journals will have this options & might go straight to step 3.
Click "Available Online".
4. On the next page, find where it states "View Online". Click the hyperlink to go to the journal. Note that each hyperlink might have a different name. There might even be multiple options. The only thing to note is a year range in the hyperlink. Be sure it includes the year of the article you want.
5. The next page will look different for each interface. The screenshot below is simply one example. But regardless of interface, you will be able to select the year, volume, and issue number of publication to retrieve your article in full text. Sometimes you can search for the article title.
OVID calls permalinks Jumpstart URLs. Select Email Jumpstart, then cut and paste the Jumpstart URL.
To reach the permalink in EBSCO databases, click on the title of the article you would like to use. Select Permalink on the right side of the page, cut and paste the link that appears.
ProQuest calls permalinks Document URLs.
1. Click on Abstract/Details
2. Scroll down the Indexing details, cut and paste the document url.
If the site does not provide a permalink, you'll need to find the URL of the article and add the OpenAthens info at the beginning of the link. Below is an example of doing this in Sage, but each journal's site can be a bit different. Email the library if you have any questions!
1. Right click on the PDF of the article you would like to use and select Copy Link Address.
2. Paste that url into your document.
3. Now paste the Adler University proxy url (https://go.openathens.net/redirector/adler.edu?url= ) in front of the SAGE url.