Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This guide serves as the handout for the library session in the course Public Policy, Advocacy, and Social Change (Psy-691)
- Which databases might be useful for your literature review paper
- How to use databases' thesauri in various databases to create effective and efficient searches
- How to navigate Data-Planet in particular
- Which websites might be useful for your literature review paper
- Tips and techniques on using Advanced Google
Useful Databases for Literature Review Paper
Academic Search Complete
This is a good multi-disciplinary database, which covers a myriad of topics.
Data-Planet Statistical Datasets
This is a repository of statistics to gather your own data. It does not have any articles
ERIC via EBSCOhost
Useful for any topic dealing with children and/or education (ie: child welfare, early childhood education, educational reform, etc.)
Covers topics related to LGBT rights as well as gender divides on a myriad of issues
Use this for the psychological perspective on any of the topics covered in class. It also includes some information on businesses and management.
SocINDEX with Full Text
Provides the sociological perspective - useful for most topics in this class.
Reference and Instruction Librarian