Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is EBL?
EBL is a leading global ebook aggregator, serving academic, corporate and research libraries worldwide. With an extensive catalog of 400,000+ ebook titles from premier international academic publishers.
EBL was acquired by ProQuest in May 2013. Working closely with the library and the publisher community, EBL and ebrary will be combined into a single, unified platform to provide unrivalled content and access models.
- Computer Science/IT
- Environmental Studies
- Fine Arts
- General Works/Reference
- Home Economics
- Library Science
- Military Science
- Political Science
- Social Science
- Sport & Recreation
EBL Key Features & Facts
EBL aggregates relevant and recent titles to provide access to content across academic and professional subject areas. EBL approaches lending differently using technology to make content more accessible, not lock it away with rigid access rules.
Flexible, innovative access models
- Multiple concurrent user access to all titles; no single user restrictions
- Flexible access models include Non-Linear Lending, Textbook, Unlimited Access, and short-term loans, in addition to a range of Demand-Driven Acquisition options
- Non-Linear Lending enables a library to buy one copy of an ebook and lend it simultaneously to multiple patrons while limiting the total number of lending days per year per title
- Full-text search across catalog
- Access ebooks online or download to read offline on computers, tablets and other mobile devices
- Personalized bookshelf provides access to reading history and current loans
- Create bookmarks and add notes
- Read aloud feature for all titles
- Many titles available in ePub and PDF
Streamlined acquisition and reporting tools
- LibCentral, EBL’s administrative tool, offers sophisticated acquisition options with customizable permissions plus real time usage and expenditure reporting.
Seamless integration with existing library processes
- Order and manage ebooks directly in LibCentral, or integrate EBL into existing library workflows with third party book distributors or ILS systems for easy acquisition and catalog management.
Sign up to receive email alerts for:
30 languages including English, German, French, Spanish, and Dutch